- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Using whole wheat linguine pasta, instead of regular white, not only provides additional nutrients but it also adds a slightly nuttier flavor and denser texture to the dish which works well with the earthy mushrooms.
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10-11 ounces baby spinach
- 2-3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, brushed and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup hot vegetable stock
- 3-4 ounces grated cheddar
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package directions but add the spinach to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Strain the mixture well and then place back into the pot.
- In the meantime, place 1 tablespoon of oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the pancetta and cook for 4 minutes, then add the mushrooms and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and the vegetable stock and then bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Sprinkle the mushroom mixture with a few pinches of salt and pepper, and then add the pasta and spinach to the pan along with the cheese and the parsley. Drizzle with some additional oil and then toss once more prior to serving.