- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Try whole wheat couscous, instead of the traditional version, for added nutrients and a slightly nuttier flavor.
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the broth, water and oil into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the couscous, remove from the heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the peas according to package directions.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Add the peas, dill, lemon zest and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper and gently toss to combine. Serve topped with the Parmesan cheese.