- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
High in fiber, vitamins, and minerals – and conveniently located in your pantry – canned beans can become a near endless array of tasty meals in just minutes. Toss them in salads, soups, grain dishes and pasta. Puree them with herbs and spices for savory dips and spreads. Simply warm them up for a fast and healthy snack. If you're looking for some canned bean inspiration, sink your teeth into these easy canned bean recipes.
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (15-ounce) can pink beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted in a dry skillet
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Add remaining ingredients, stir and serve.