- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This simple yet delicious side dish, made with couscous and herbs, can be made in minutes.
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pour the broth in a small saucepan and then add the butter, hot sauce and salt.
- Cover the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat, add the couscous, and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and use a fork to fluff up the couscous. Sprinkle in the parsley, some salt and pepper, and serve.