- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 31 min
- Total: 51 min
- Serving: Makes 1 8x8x2-inch cake
Using whole wheat flour makes this cake more nutritious than if it were made with classic white flour.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed v
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- Fresh blueberries and whipped cream to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Put the water, blueberries, and the egg into a blender and blend on high until mixture is smooth, then pour into the flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake tests clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, cool on rack and then invert onto a plate.
- Place the dessert topping and the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 1 minute. Remove and stir until the mixture in smooth, then drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Serve the cake topped with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and the fresh blueberries.