- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 2-4 people
Antipasto, which means before the meal is a typical first course in Italy and is comprised of an array of fresh deli meats, fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, wine-soaked tomatoes, roasted garlic and artichoke hearts. However, much like any appetizer, this can be prepared to taste.
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 5 ounces cured salami, sliced
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place chopped tomatoes in a shallow bowl. Pour wine over and chill for at least two hours.
- Arrange a platter with meat, cheese, basil, tomatoes and olive oil. Serve with fresh, crusty bread or on its own!