- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Serves 4
This lima bean and roasted cauliflower, onion and garlic soup tastes as gorgeous as it looks. Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a dusting of smoked paprika prior to serving.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium onions, sliced into chunks
- 1 head garlic (about 6-8 cloves), peeled
- 2 cans cooked lima beans
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt to taste
- 3-1/2 tablespoons olive oil plus some to garnish
- smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower florets, onions and garlic in a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with some salt and toss to coat. Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and place in the oven for 35 minutes until caramelized.
- Once the vegetables have cooled slightly, place in a food processor along with the beans, water, stock and lemon juice. Process the mixture until smooth and then transfer to a soup pan. Cook the mixture over medium heat until just heated through and then serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.