- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: Makes 12 muffins
This honey and oat muffin recipe was created by White House chef Spike Mendelsohn. These lightly sweet treats are wonderful served with a mug of hot coffee or steaming apple cider.
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter or cooking spray.
- Place the oats, whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, coriander and salt into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Put the honey, buttermilk, canola oil and eggs into another bowl, whisk to combine, and then add to the dry ingredients, mixing until flour is just moist.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared muffin tin and then place in the oven for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin tests clean. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing and serving.