- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8
White Chili uses chicken breast and cannellini beans.
- 8 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2, 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 4, 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and mashed
- 2, 4.5 ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro as garnish
- Saute chicken with onion and garlic in hot oil in a large Dutch oven for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir in broth and next ten ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with garnish.