- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 8 people
White chili makes a tasty and hearty meal for the cool winter evenings ahead. Serve with artesian bread or cornbread.
- 5 links of regular or spicy sausage (you can substitute turkey or chicken sausage)
- 1, 15-ounce can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15-ounce can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup of water, chicken broth, beer or white wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Cut the sausage links into 1-1/2 inch pieces and cook until browned.
- Add all the ingredients (except cheddar cheese) into a medium-large saucepan and bring all to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- At the very end of cooking, add the cilantro to the saucepan.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese on each, individual serving.