- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
This White Cake From Scratch recipe is versatile. Double it and bake in a 13 by 9 inch baking pan or fill lined muffin pans to make cupcakes.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 by 9 inch baking pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in milk until batter is smooth.
- For cake: bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. For cupcakes: bake 20 to 25 minutes.