- Prep: 1 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 1 hr 28 min
- Serving: 12
This White Cabbage Slaw has a vinegar and herb dressing.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium heads cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 bunch celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine sugar, water and vinegar. Boil for 3 minutes. Cool. Mix salt with shredded cabbage. Let stand 1 hour. Squeeze out excess water. Mix remaining ingredients with cabbage and pour over vinegar mixture. Toss well. Keep tightly covered in refrigerator. Will keep 3 or 4 weeks.