- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Serve this delicious side dish made with great northern beans and fresh sage as a warm accompaniment to chicken or fish, or enjoy it as a chilled bean salad topped over mixed baby greens.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) great northern beans, drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 fresh onions, chopped
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Place the tomato, onion, bell pepper, lemon peel, sage, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic into a large saucepan over medium heat and cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the beans to the pan and cook for an additional 6 minutes before serving warm.