- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 20 min
Beans are cheap and healthy, but they’re not known for their starring roles in the kitchen, right? We’re here to change your mind with this easy, flavorful recipe that start with a can of beans. This will stretch your budget without letting down your taste buds.
- 1 cup frozen corn (or substitute one to two ears of leftover cooked corn on the cob)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1, 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1, 4-ounce package of feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thaw corn by running it under cold water. Drain, then pat dry with a towel. Place kernels in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- On another baking sheet, place tomatoes in a single layer.
- Roast corn and tomatoes in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, seed avocado and remove the flesh. Cut into chunks and place in a bowl; add the black beans and lime juice.
- When corn and tomatoes are cool, add to the black bean mixture.
- Before serving, crumble feta and stir into the salsa.