- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This light Italian-inspired salad is a perfect dish for entertaining. Use imported Italian tuna in oil for the best taste.
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed well and drained
- 2 (5-ouce) cans imported tuna in oil, drained and lightly flaked
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced plus 1/2 cup celery leaves from inner heart
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- Juice of 1-1/2 lemons
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Mix of coarsely cracked black and white pepper
- 4 small radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup whole flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Place the beans, tuna, sliced celery and onion in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Pour in the lemon juice, olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Add the radishes and the cucumber to the bowl and toss once again to combine.
- Serve the salad garnished with the celery and parsley leaves, and with a side of country bread.