- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Contrastingly-flavored and textured white buttery beans and crispy pancetta not only taste great together but also make a wonderful topping for this designer pizza. Enjoy this simple meal with a bottle of Chardonnay.
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into 1-inch-by-1/4-inch strips
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 pocketless pita or naan
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Fontina cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the pancetta in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil and cook over medium heat until crisp; remove from the pan.
- Put the garlic, rosemary and crushed pepper in the pan, stir to combine and cook for 25 seconds. Put the beans into the pan, mash with a large fork and then add the cooked pancetta and a few pinches of salt. Stir the mixture until well combined and then remove from the heat.
- Thoroughly brush the pita bread with olive oil and then evenly spread with the pancetta mixture and the shredded cheese. Place the pizzas in the oven for 7 minutes and then remove and serve immediately.