- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes about 2-1/4 cups
Traditional garbanzo beans are substituted for white beans and edamame in this updated hummus recipe. Serve with crackers, crudités or homemade vegetable chips.
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups shelled, cooked edamame
- 2 medium garlic gloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup water, plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Put the cannellini beans, edamame, garlic, water, lemon juice, olive oil, sesame seed oil and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper into a food processor, and process the mixture until smooth in consistency.
- Taste the dip and season with additional salt, pepper or lemon juice if desired, and then transfer to a bowl. Stir in the chopped cilantro and then serve immediately.