- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
This adults-only winter treat is a great drink to serve friends at an impromptu gathering at home. Use your choice of whiskey in the blend.
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- Whipped cream and cocoa powder to garnish
- Place the bittersweet and milk chocolate into a bowl and then add the boiling water. Let the mixture stand for 1 minute and then whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Put the milk and cream into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the chocolate mixture and heat until steaming, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the whiskey.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, garnish with some whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder and serve immediately.