- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
The secret to a great tasting whiskey sour is using freshly squeezed lemon juice and not something premade from a bottle.
- 2 ounces rye or blended whiskey
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar or Rich Simple Syrup
- Slice of orange or lemon (or both) and a maraschino cherry
- Put a rocks cocktail glass in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
- Place the whiskey, lemon juice, and sugar into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake vigorously for 35 seconds to combine.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass filled with fresh ice, garnish with the lemon slice and the maraschino cherry and serve immediately.