- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This delicious cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese fondue is blended with whiskey to add an enjoyable ‘kick’ of rich flavor. Serve with cubes of peasant bread, crackers and mixed vegetables.
- 1 pound extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place both cheeses into a bowl, add the cornstarch and then toss to combine.
- Cut the garlic cloves in half and then rub the cut sides of the garlic all over the inside of a medium saucepan and then discard.
- Pour the white wine into the prepared pan, set over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, slowly add the cheese mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, and whisk thoroughly after each addition so cheese melts completely.
- Stir the whiskey into the fondue, add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste and then cook over medium heat until bubbling. Pour the fondue into a fondue pot and serve immediately.