- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 6 main servings
This salad is delicious on its own but if you would like to add additional flavor and pizzazz, sprinkle it with some Za’atar; a flavorful Middle Eastern spice mixture used with meats and vegetables, prior to serving.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked grains, such as wheat berries
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon Za’atar (optional)
- Put the olive oil, vinegar, lime, tahini, oregano and salt into a bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, onions, chickpeas, grains, feta and olives into a large salad bowl and then add the dressing. Toss the salad to coat and then serve sprinkled with the Za’atar if desired.