- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 45 min
Your family will love this easy and delicious Western casserole made with ground beef, rice, and cheese.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 cans red beans, drained
- 3 cups tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Brown beef with garlic. Add onion and cook until onion is transparent. Drain fat.
- Either chop tomatoes or put into a blender.
- In a large casserole dish, combine the meat mixture, salt, chili powder, beans, tomatoes, and rice.
- Bake covered, at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese, bake 15 minutes more.