- Prep: 3 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 3 hr 10 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Serve this West Indies Crabmeat Salad with a side of salty crackers and a few slices of freshly-cut lemon or lime.
- 1 pound (16 ounces) fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cover the bottom of a serving bowl with half of the onion and then top with half on the crabmeat. Add the remaining onion and then top again with the remaining crabmeat.
- Place the oil, vinegar, water and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk vigorously until well blended. Pour the dressing over the crabmeat mixture and the push down with a large spoon or a spatula to better combine the ingredients.
- Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to allow the flavors to blend.