- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Marinade for 4 Servings
This fiery and colorful dry rub is ideal for grilled or even deep-fried fish. You’ll need to go to a specialty food store to find the ingredients or search online.
- 6 Sénégal pepper pods
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried piri-piri chillies
- 5 uzazi peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon alligator pepper seeds (or grains of paradise)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Place all of dry ingredients into a spice or coffee grinder and grind until mixture has a powder-like consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and grind until mixture becomes a paste.
- Store marinade in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.