- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This delightfully juicy salad is a luscious mix of chilled watermelon with spicy jalapeño and fresh lime juice.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup basil or Thai basil, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the lime juice, oil and lime zest into a bowl and whisk well to blend.
- Put the watermelon into a large and shallow dish and then add the lime juice mixture. Gently toss to combine and then place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- To serve, divide the jalapeno slices between 2 plates and then top with the watermelon mixture. Garnish each serving with the basil, sesame seeds and a sprinkle of salt. Serve immediately.