- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 4
This refreshing and brightly colored summer salad melds the sweet taste of watermelon with the salty taste of Greek Feta Cheese.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 chilled, seedless watermelon (about 8 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1-1/4 cups pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco and pepper. Add the watermelon, feta, olives and onion and toss gently. Garnish with the mint and serve.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco and pepper with a wire whisk.
- Add the watermelon, feta, olives and onion to the bowl, and lightly toss to mix.
- Sprinkle on the chopped mint and serve.