- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 12 Servings
This summer salad blends the sweet taste of watermelon with the salty flavor of feta cheese and the intenseness of fresh mint. Serve with glasses of chilled champagne for a light and elegant meal.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 8-pound seedless watermelon, scooped into balls with a melon baller or cut into cubes (10 cups chilled)
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves plus to garnish
- 1-1/4 cups pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- Place the oil, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco and pepper into a large salad bowl and whisk vigorously until completely blended.
- Add the watermelon, feta, olives, mint and onion to the bowl and gently toss the mixture to combine. Garnish with some additional mint and serve.