- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 8 servings
If you don’t have fresh watermelon and lime for this silver tequila-based cocktail recipe don’t bother making it, as the drink’s intense and refreshing favors depends on it.
- 4 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup triple sec or Cointreau
- 1 cup blanco (silver) tequila
- Coarse sea salt to rim glass
- Lime wedge
- Lime wheels to garnish
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of 8 glasses and then dip the rims into a small plate of coarse sea salt to coat; set aside.
- Place the watermelon in a blender to puree and then fine strain into a pitcher. Add the lime juice, tripe sec and tequila and stir well to combine.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes to chill and then serve over ice and in the prepared glasses garnished with the lime wheels.