- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 to 6 servings
Because the flesh of a watermelon is so delicate, you must be careful when preparing it. Grilling is a good choice for watermelon, because you can heat it just enough to give it some smoky flavor. Other ideal applications include watermelon salsas, watermelon guacamoles, and watermelon salads as well as for topping burgers or sandwiches. Watermelon is a natural pairing for meat, fish, kebabs and spicy foods.
- 6 avocados, split, seed removed and flesh removed from skin
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 6 watermelon wedges (no rinds), cut into chunks
- Place avocados in a bowl and mash well. Mix in tomatoes, onions, chiles, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- When ready to serve, spoon guacamole in a large bowl and top with watermelon chunks. Serve with crispy tortilla chips.