- Prep: 1 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8 servings
A perfect starter to serve guests at a summer dinner party, use seasonally fresh watermelon and ripe tomatoes for the ultimate sweetness and flavor.
- 6 cups watermelon, seeded and diced in 1-inch dices plus sliced watermelon to garnish
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 medium size tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, roughly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- fresh ginger, about 1 inch, peeled and minced
- 1/2 chili pepper
- juice from 2 limes
- handful of fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put 5 pieces of diced watermelon and about 3 pieces of chopped celery into 8 small serving bowls, and then place the remainder into a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse the mixture until slightly chunky. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and then pour the mixture into the prepared bowls.
- Place the bowls in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour and then remove and garnish each bowl with a slice of watermelon.