- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 cups
The balance of sweetness, acidity, and maybe spiciness is what makes fruit salsa so great, otherwise it would just be fruit salad. You want to always add a bit of citrus, like lime juice, lemon juice, or even orange juice to cut the sweetness of the fruit.
You don’t want overly sweet fruit topping a delectable piece of grilled meat. Adding some spiciness like minced jalapeno or habanero peppers also will balance out the sweetness, just be sure not to add too much heat or that’s all you will taste.
- 2 cups seeded watermelon, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- Combine watermelon with tomatoes, scallions, and pepper.
- Drizzle vinegar over mixture, then season with salt and top with mint.