- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 20 servings
Watercress and Cucumber Party Sandwiches are classy little bites for parties, teas or special birthdays.
- 8 cups cucumber (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2/3 cup butter (softened)
- 20 slices bread (crusts removed)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups watercress (trimmed and coarsely chopped)
- Mix cucumbers and salt in a bowl. Cover and set side for 30 minutes
- Mix cucumbers with pepper, chives and butter
- Spread mayonnaise onto all bread and top 10 slices with cucumber mixture.
- Divide the watercress between the bread with cucumber mixture.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Cut diagonally and serve or chill