- Prep: 3 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 3 min
- Serving: 8
As an alternative to the empty calories of the alcohol-laden Bloody Mary, how about a vitamin-packed and tangy vegetable drink with only 42 calories per cup? Unfortunately, few people take the time to concoct their own beverages, settling instead for the store-bought sugar, salt and preservatives in a can or bottle. Give this sassy splash a try. It will wake up your palate and leave you feeling refreshed. Wasabi paste can be found in the Asian food section of your grocery store or at your local Asian market.
- 7 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 4 teaspoons wasabi paste dissolved in Â½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 lemon, sliced very thin (discard the seeds)
- In a pitcher, stir together all of the ingredients. Cover and chill, serve over ice or heat the drink and serve warm in mugs.