- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Looking for something to serve the vegetarians at your dinner party? Try this dish with warm tofu and a spicy sauce made with garlic, sesame seeds and hot pepper and impress even your meat eating guests.
- 1 (14-ounce) package soft tofu (not silken)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted and crushed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse Korean hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Rinse off the tofu with cold water and then place in a medium-sized saucepan with enough water to cover. Once tofu begins to simmer, cover the pan and keep warm over a low heat.
- Mash minced garlic in garlic press and put in a medium-sized bowl with the scallion, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, red-pepper flakes and sugar. Mix to combine well.
- Carefully remove the tofu from the saucepan and pat dry with paper towels. Put on a plate and drizzle the sauce over the tofu and on the sides. Serve immediately.