- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Warm toasted walnuts are mixed with French haricots verts, baby greens and cherry tomatoes to make a healthy and delicious modern salad.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 12 ounces haricots verts (green beans), stem ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 cups baby greens
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing together the shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly pour in the oil and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Place the salad greens, cherry tomatoes and parsley into a large salad bowl.
- Steam the haricots verts until tender, about 12 minutes, and then add to the salad bowl.
- Meanwhile, using a small skillet, toast the chopped walnuts for about 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Add the walnuts and the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.