- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Farro is a type of grain that comes from a particular wheat species. It tastes similar to a light brown rice but with a more complex, nutty taste and with undertones of barley and oats.
- 1 cup farro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 8 radishes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup diced celery hearts, plus 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, 2 ounces
- Cook the farro according to package directions and then place in a large salad bowl.
- In the meantime, put the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the pancetta and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer the pancetta to a plate and crumble once cool.
- Place the radishes, vinegar and honey into the skillet with the pancetta fat, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper, and then toss to combine. Cook the mixture over low heat for 10 minutes and then add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Transfer the radish mixture to the cooked farro, along with the celery hearts, celery leaves, goat cheese and pancetta. Toss to combine and then serve immediately.