- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This dish is great served warm and ladled right out of the pot, and even better the next day as leftovers.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can Tomato soup
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 pounds boiled chicken, shredded
- 1 small bag tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1,16-ounce tub sour cream
- 1, 8-ounce package grated cheddar cheese
- 3 avocados, cubed
- In a large soup pot, add the olive oil and sauté the onions and the garlic for about 6 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce, canned soup, water, cumin, chili powder, pepper and cilantro and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add in the chicken and simmer over medium-low heat for 1 hour.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream, some grated cheese, a few cubes of avocado and a sprinkle of tortilla chips; serve warm.