- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Broccoli florets and thin slices of red pepper are sautéed in a warm and spicy sauce and then served topped with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 red peppers deseed and finely sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated root ginger
- 1 sesame seeds
- Place 1 tablespoon of the oil into a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the broccoli and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, soy sauce, chili sauce, honey and ginger, and sauté the mixture for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and then drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve immediately.