- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Serve this sweet-tart blend of apples in warm balsamic syrup over yogurt, whipped ricotta cheese or angel food cake.
- 2-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 pounds (3 large) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- Place the butter into a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the apples and sauté for 6 minutes until slightly browned, then stir in the sugar and cook the mixture for 3 additional minutes until caramelized.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and water and cook the mixture, stirring frequently, over low heat for 4 minutes. Serve warm.