- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 8 servings
The mild and creamy taste of avocado makes a luxurious and rich soup that is complimented by fresh cilantro and lime juice. Serve with a dollop of chipotle cream.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into cubes (about 5 cups)
- Place the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and cook for an additional 35 seconds.
- Whisk in the broth, cilantro, lime juice and avocados and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, and then remove the pan from the heat and carefully puree the hot mixture with a stick blender until smooth.
- Place the sour cream and the ground chipotle chile pepper in a small bowl and stir well until blended. Ladle the soup into bowls, dollop with the sour cream mixture and serve immediately.