- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy this elegant avocado soup for lunch or serve as a starter to your next dinner party. The lime and mint give it a fresh touch while the avocado provides a creamy and rich finish.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, minced
- a pinch of dried chili
- 2 lime, juice
- 10 mint leaves plus 15 for the mint oil
- 3 medium size avocados
- 1 cup water
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place 15 fresh mint leaves into a mortar and pestle and gently bruise to release their natural oils. Stir in 3 tablespoons of olive oil and then set the mixture aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Place a tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and chili for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place the onion mixture into a food processor, along with the lime juice, 10 mint leaves, avocado water and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Blend the mixture until smooth and then transfer back to the pot and cook until just heated through.
- Ladle into bowls, drizzle with some of the infused mint oil and serve immediately.