- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Warm & Creamy Avocado Soup is an out-of-the-ordinary dish that will pleasantly surprise your family and friends. Serve with grilled vegetables and brown rice for a tasty meal.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3-3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 limes, sliced in rounds
- Peel the avocado and cut them into small chunks. Add them to a bowl and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Toss well to coat. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized saute pan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add the flour and cook for about a minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Gradually stir in the vegetable stock. Return the pan to medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the avocados. Turn the heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the soup. Return to a clean pan and over low heat, add the cream Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat only until everything is warmed through.
- Serve in individual bowls. Garnish with the lime slices and drizzle each bowl lightly with olive oil.