- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
These moist muffins are topped with a crunchy walnut and brown sugar topping which makes them irresistible!
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pear, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Add pear; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, yogurt, vanilla and vegetable oil.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Mix together remaining brown sugar and walnuts; sprinkle over top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.