- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
This sweet coffee cake is easy-to-make and ideal for serving at potlucks or at tea time.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pear, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt; set aside.
- Beat egg, yogurt, vanilla and applesauce.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in pear and 2 tablespoons walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix together remaining brown sugar and walnuts; sprinkle over top of cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.