- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Sauce for 4 servings
Sautéing walnuts in browned butter and then adding capers and lemon for a brine and acid balance creates an exceptional sauce for chicken, fish or even vegetables.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Place the butter into a small sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter stops foaming, add the walnuts and sauté, stirring frequently, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Stir in the garlic and capers and cook for an additional 30 seconds before pouring in the lemon juice and adding a pinch of salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper.
- Add the parsley to the sauce, stir to combine and then serve warm.