- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This walnut and sun-dried tomato spread combines the earthy and buttery flavor of walnuts with the slightly sweet and tangy taste of the tomatoes. Serve on crackers or on thick slices of peasant bread drizzled with olive oil.
- 1/3 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the olives, walnuts, tomatoes, tomato oil and fresh thyme into a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil and puree the mixture until combined. Season the spread with salt and fresh pepper to taste and then transfer to a bowl; serve immediately.