- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This traditional salad, packed with celery, apples, raisins and walnuts, gets a new makeover with the addition of sweet and spicy curry.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 orange
- 2 tart-sweet red apples, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, cayenne and orange zest until well combined.
- With a sharp pairing knife, remove the peel and pith of the orange and then the orange segments into a medium bowl.
- Add in the apples, celery, raisins and walnuts, and gently toss until coated.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or wrapped in a soft pita.