- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This kid-friendly meal will easily become a family favorite; made in about 35 minutes, it’s likely to become your favorite weeknight dinner meal as well.
- 12 ounces lean ground beef or uncooked ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1-1/4 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup dried wagon wheel macaroni
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Place the ground beef and onion in a large sauté pan over medium heat, and cook until meat had browned and is no longer pink.
- Spoon out any accumulated fat and then add the tomatoes, tomato juice, chili powder, and garlic salt, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the macaroni and the beans. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once boiling, add in the macaroni and the beans and bring to a boil once again. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with the cheddar cheese.