- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 12
Vienese Torte is an easy to make fancy dessert using store bought pound cake.
- 1, 6 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water, warm
- 4 egg yolks, beaten slightly
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1, 12 ounce loaf pound cake
- Heat chocolate, butter and water over medium heat, stirring until well blended. Cool slightly. Add egg yolks, sugar and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Chill about 45 minutes, until spreading consistency.
- Slice cake horizontally to make five layers. Spread chocolate between layers, then frost top and sides. Chill at least 45 minutes. Cut in 1/4 inch slices.