- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
Excellent, delightfully lemon bread!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- For topping: 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a load pan.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and lemon extract. Mix in the eggs.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture. Beat just enough to blend. Add in the lemon rinds and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Combine the lemon juice and sugar.
- Remove from the pan, and while still warm drizzle with the lemon and sugar mixture. Store in foil for 24 hours before serving.